Food is love. I just completed a LIVE call with 20 participants in my September Sugar Buster Program.
The topic tonight was about our relationship to food and how to heal it. I wanted to share this topic with you as I don’t think many people are sharing this.
A book I recommend is by Geneen Roth and it is called “When Food Is Love“.
I the book, Geneen explores why many people overeat in an attempt to satisfy their emotional hunger, and why weight loss frequently just uncovers a new set of problems. But her welcome message is that change is possible. This book helped me break destructive, self-perpetuating patterns and learn to satisfy all the hungers—physical and emotional—that make us human.
Geneen’s personal story and those of her clients highlight the meaning of food addiction.
I shared tonight that my Sugar Buster Program is really about love. Loving ourselves enough to feed our body with the most nourishing diet that enlivens our lives. I asked a few questions tonight that you might find helpful for your own reflection.
- What role does food play in your life?
- What role does food play in your emotional gratification?
- What insights have you gained this week about your relationship to food?
- What new habits would you like to start relating to food?
- What is weighting you down in your life?