My Easy Roasted cabbage steak recipe is amazing! I could not believe how quick, easy and delicious these roasted cabbage steaks are.
I am always looking for creative vegetable dishes to enjoy and even my husband loved this one!
- Green Cabbage
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
WAYS TO ENJOY IT
- Hot right out of the oven with a little grated cheese of your choice
- With Cauliflower Rice, CLICK HERE for that recipe
- Topped with tofu. Diced and sauteed tofu tastes delicious on top of these.
- With other veggies. Roasted eggplant, and sauteed mushrooms all go great with roasted cabbage.
OTHER RECIPES FROM KAREN’s KITCHEN
Adapted from eatsomethingvegan
Easy Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 Green Cabbage Head Green cabbage is best for this dish, but you could also use red cabbage if you want.
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil You can also use other kinds of oil, including avocado
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder This creates amazing flavor
- 3 Tsp Paprika I love the smoked paprika for extra flavor
- 1/2tsp Himalayan Sea Salt Use to your taste
- 1 TSp Red Pepper Flakes Optional - If you want a little heat
- Cut ends of cabbage off and slice cabbage so you get 4 even round flat discs about 3/4 to 1 inch thick that are your "steaks"
- Place the cabbage steaks on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper, allowing some space between each one to even cooking.
- Brush the cabbage with the olive oil, coating them thoroughly. Then generously sprinkle the salt, garlic powder and paprika on the cabbage steaks.
- Flip the cabbage over and repeat, brushing them with oil and sprinkling the seasonings. Then add a pinch of red pepper flakes to each if you want extra heat.
- Bake the cabbage steaks at 400°F for about 25 minutes, until the leaves are browned and the center is tender. Serve hot out of the oven.