This chocolate cake recipe is gluten-free and delicious. It is quick, easy and has great ingredients that support health.
Chocolate Cake Recipe Ingredients
A rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber, chickpeas may offer a variety of health benefits, such as improving digestion, aiding weight management and reducing the risk of several diseases. Additionally, chickpeas are high in protein and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
USANA Fibergy Active is powerful, prebiotic blend of soluble and insoluble fibers to promote optimal gut health and regularity. Formulated with fruit fibers to nourish cells with phytonutrients and antioxidants. A great way to feed and sustain your gut microbiome and helps you feel satisfied for weight management support. No added sugars or artificial ingredients
Dietary fiber is also commonly recognized as an important factor in weight loss and weight management by functioning as a “bulking agent” in the digestive system. High fiber foods increase satiety, or the feeling of being full, and reduce appetite.
Provides an optimal ratio of carbs, fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Formulated for those who prefer lower-sugar options without compromising on flavor and satiety. The whey protein in Nutrimeal Active helps maintain growing muscles. Whey has a high protein-to-weight ratio. That means for every gram of whey included in Nutrimeal Active, about 80 percent is pure protein. An added bonus of the Nutrimeal Active formula is the micronutrients included. Vitamins and minerals like magnesium, calcium, biotin, and vitamin B12 further support a nutrient-dense meal and your healthy body.
Fresh Organic Strawberries
An excellent source of vitamin C and manganese and also contain folate (vitamin B9) and potassium. Strawberries are very rich in antioxidants and plant compounds, which may have benefits for heart health and blood sugar control. There is a risk that strawberries may contain pesticide residue, so buy organic!
These sweet, heart-shaped fruits are full of vitamin C, folic acid, fiber, and antioxidants. Blueberries contain a plant compound called anthocyanin. This gives blueberries both their blue color and many of their health benefits. According to a few studies, a bowl of blueberries can help support a healthy immune system.
Chocolate’s reputation is on the rise, as a growing number of studies suggest that it can be a heart-healthy choice. Chocolate and its main ingredient, cocoa, contain Flavanols which are known to have antioxidant effects that reduce cell damage.
Full credit to What’s Up USANA for this great recipe!
Other Healthy Recipes You Will Enjoy
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate or carob chips
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (rinse and drain, if using canned)
- 4 eggs or equivalent egg white substitute
- 2/3 cup ultra-fine cane sugar or low-glycemic equivalent, such as Stevia for Baking
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp USANA Chocolate Whey Nutrimeal
- 1/2 tbsp USANA Fibergy Active
- 1 cup sliced fresh organic strawberries or preferred fruit
- 1 tbsp confectioners’ sugar for dusting (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave on medium, stirring frequently.
- Combine the beans and eggs in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine bean mash, sugar, baking powder, Nutrimeal and Fibergy Plus; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corners to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven or until toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate; cover with desired fruit and dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired, just before serving.