Daily physical activity is as important as getting quality sleep. So many people use the excuse that they don’t have “time”. I schedule physical activity into my day just like any “appointment”.
Dr Karen’s Top Ten Ways to Incorporate Exercise into your Day
- Schedule physical activity into your calendar like you would any other appointment.
- Exercise first thing in the morning so you get it done.
- Park your car farther away from the shopping center.
- Take a “walk break” whenever you can find the time during the day.
- Taking short 10 minute walks a few times a day will do wonders for your metabolism AND consider a stand up desk
- Play with your pets! A great activity for everyone.
- Choose the stairs over the elevator.
- Replace your office chair with an exercise ball that makes you move more. Buy a jump rope or mini trampoline and have “mini workouts” throughout the day.
- Go for a walk after dinner.
- When vacuuming try to use your arm, back and abdominal muscles to push the vacuum.