Hidden Dangers of Heartburn PODCAST emphasizes the importance of action! Left untreated, acid reflux (heartburn), can result in many chronic digestive issues. In this episode of The Dr Karen Health Show, Dr Karen Wolfe talks about lifestyle and dietary changes that can help!
What Is Heartburn?
Heartburn, also called as acid indigestion, is the most common symptom and usually feels like a burning chest pain which begins behind the breastbone and move upwards to the neck and throat. Some people experience acidic or bitter taste.
What Are Some Symptoms of Heartburn?
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia)
- Persistent dry cough
- Hoarseness or sore throat
- Regurgitation of food or sour liquid (acid reflux)
- Sensation of a lump in your throat
Lifestyle and diet changes that may help
- drinking ginger or chamomile tea
- sleeping on an incline
- including fermented foods in your diet
- avoiding alcohol
- watching your weight
- skipping spicy foods
- avoiding food sensitivities and intolerances