What Are Autoimmune Conditions?



Autoimmune diseases, such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and MS, affect more than 250 million people worldwide. In the United States, they are the 3rd leading chronic disease behind cardiovascular disease and cancer. Based on twin studies, we now know that 25% of autoimmunity is genetics, and the other 75% is environmental.

 

Would you like to listen to more episodes from Dr. Karen’s Health Show?
Receive automatic updates by subscribing on iTunes:
itunes button