I use salsa as my secret to low glycemic eating. Not all salsas are the same. I recommend reading the label carefully. I go to my local health food store and look at all the choices. I found one today that has no sodium.
Here are my TOP TEN BENEFITS OF SALSA
- Low glycemic
- Great substitute for ketchup which is usually loaded with sugar.
- Low calorie
- Low fat
- Low Sodium Some salsas can be high in sodium so read the label carefully before purchasing commercial salsa at your grocery store
- Great on so many things like eggs, vegetables, chicken
- Quick and easy to make
- Tomatoes have lycopenes – Cooked, processed tomatoes are the best source of lycopenes since the heat makes the carotenoids more available for absorption
- Spicy salsa helps my sinuses
- The active ingredient in chili peppers known as capsaicin has been shown in studies to have anti-inflammatory effects