Need some digestive health tips? For many of us, digestive discomfort has become a fact of life…especially at holiday time. Do you suffer from gas, bloating, upset stomach, constipation or heartburn? By paying attention and making a few simple changes, you can help your digestive system do the job it was made to do – absorbing nutrients and keeping things running smoothly. Learn what you can do today to help take care of your digestive system.
1. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily
There’s almost nothing better for your digestive system and your overall health than water. Drinking too little water slows down your digestive system significantly because a harder stool is more difficult to pass. Drink plenty of water and other fluids, especially after you exercise.
2. Move – Physical activity speeds up digestion, increases blood flow to all your organs, and stimulates muscles in the GI tract, helping your organs work more efficiently. It can even tone the walls of your colon! Aim for 30 minutes of exercise every day.
3. Make fiber a regular part of every day, and you will be regular every day. Fiber is the traffic cop that helps keep everything moving smoothly in your intestines. It slows down digestion and absorption so the glucose in food enters your bloodstream more slowly, keeping your blood sugar at a more even level. Additionally, fiber increases the weight and size of your stools, and by softening them, fiber helps them pass quickly through your system. Without fiber, you get the gas, gridlock, and occasional discomfort of constipation
4. Take a Probiotic – Probiotics are live microorganisms (in most cases, bacteria) that are similar to the beneficial microorganisms naturally found in the human gut. These “good bacteria” are used to prevent and alleviate many different conditions but particularly those that affect the gastrointestinal tract. They are particularly good at regulating the amount of healthy bacteria in your system and normalizing bowel movements. Take a probiotic supplement for a minimum of two weeks — try it and see if you notice a difference! CLICK HERE TO ORDER
5. Knock out your Trouble Foods with a Digestive enzyme -The Digestive Enzyme I recommend contains seven different enzymes, which help break down most of the foods we eat, from dairy and protein to fats and carbohydrates and helps alleviate the feeling of over-fullness after a large meal. The artichoke extract provides even more relief for occasional upset stomach or bloating caused by indigestion. CLICK HERE TO TRY IT
BIG NEWS !!!! – On the Monday, November 30 Dr Oz Show, Dr. Mehmet Oz will be speaking to WBO Welterweight Champion Timothy Bradley about how he uses this digestive supplement to optimize his digestive health.