Want to know some natural remedies for heartburn, commonly called acid reflux? It is caused when digestive acids flow up from the stomach and into the esophagus. The esophagus, located in the heart region of the chest, becomes irritated with a burning sensation.
Other Symptoms of Heartburn
There are other symptom symptoms for acid reflux that people often have such as gas, bloating, flatulence and even apparently unrelated symptoms such as chronic dry coughing, sour or bitter mouth between meals, trouble swallowing, hoarseness, and wheezing.
Acid reflux usually occurs after swallowing food, thus allowing stomach acids to come up toward and into the esophagus.
If acid reflux occurs often on a regular basis, the condition becomes gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which can develop into cancer of the esophagus if ignored.
- Lose stomach fat (this reduces pressure on lower esophageal sphincter)
- Reduce sugar intake
- Eliminate fried processed foods
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Practice mindlfulness or meditation or a mind/body practice to reduce stress
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Take a chewable calcium/magnesium supplement CLICK HERE for my recommendation
- Take digestive enzymes CLICK HERE
- Take a probiotic CLICK HERE
- Increase your VITAMIN D intake