I get asked a lot about my opinions on CBD Oil. I had to research it myself because this is new to the medical and wellness world. I knew it had something to do with marijuana, but I needed to turn to my functional health community to really understand the science.
Here are some TOP TEN basics about CBD.
- Both hemp and marijuana are part of the plant family known as Cannabis.
- CBD is short for cannabidiol, that is found in hemp and marijuana. There are 60 different known cannabinoids.
- THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) (THC), the well-known psychoactive cannabinoid.
- CBD is non-psychoactive because it does not act on the same receptors as THC.
- CBD hemp oil is made from high-CBD, low-THC hemp, unlike medical marijuana products, which are usually made from plants with high concentrations of psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- The reason THC is so famous is because it’s associated with the psychoactive high that people experience after smoking or ingesting weed.
- Although CBD and THC act on different pathways of the body, they seem to have many of the same medical benefits.
- CBD has gained a reputation as a safe, non-psychoactive treatment for a range of health concerns. As a result, many different kinds of CBD products have been developed, including oils, edibles, and vaporizer liquids.
- While there are many different pathways driving the positive health benefits of CBD, the center of its abilities seems to be that CBD is a very effective natural anti-inflammatory.
- CBD products may be sold in certain states that have legalized medical and/or recreational marijuana.
Stay tuned more more articles about the health benefits of CBD.